19 June 2011

I'm back! About the inactivity...

     If you are wondering about the full details of my inactivity, then in this post you will know. So this will not be a PSP-related post. If you are not interested then just go to the other pages in my blog, MY BLOG ONLY (just kidding XD).   
     I'm sorry that this will not be related to the PSP because I am just so happy that I really have to share this "extraordinary" story to all of you. This is a story of perseverance, discipline, and hardworking...uhh...ness. This is a new exciting chapter of my life which opened. So before I jump into another topic, here it is. 



     Since the start of summer vacation, I don't have anything to do in our house except to eat, sleep, lie in the bed, and use my laptop. And then I thought, "If I am just going to 'Facebook' and consume bandwidth and food, why don't I do something productive?"
     And that was the start of me searching for different ways on how to earn money online. At first I came across with paid-to-click sites. These are sites which pay you by clicking ads. For me this is not much of a money-maker because it takes a lot of time for you to really earn. But if you have a lot of referrals and you upgraded by paying, then it will be a money-making machine for you. If you are interested then just click the ads around my site to join or click these and sign up: Clixsense, Onbux, Clicksia
     But PTC sites are not the ones which made me really happy, it is Freelancer. Freelancer is a site where employers hire freelancers to do different online jobs for them. There are hundreds of job types available from programming to content writing to all kinds of stuff. Others hire female webcam "models" which I would love to take but unfortunately, I am not a female. Seriously? No, I am just kidding. Don't ever bid on that, it is BAD! 
     This is how Freelancer works:

  1. Sign up for an account
  2. Fill out your information and credentials (Optional: upload a profile picture)
  3. Choose 50 out of hundreds of job categories which you think you are qualified. Be aware that these 50 that you chose will be the only job categories which you can bid on
  4.  Browse for jobs on your selected job categories, these are the ones in color red
  5. If you can't find a job for you then you have the power to change the job categories which you chose
  6. If you already found a job which you think you can do, read the description carefully first
  7. Bid on the project and state your price and deadline. Remember that you will compete with other freelancers 
    1. For a higher chance of being hired take the freelancer exams, upgrade to gold membership, make your bid known for $1 or just make a "powerful bid" (strong arguments, work samples, etc.) 
  8. Wait for it if the employer chooses you. If he/she does, then you're lucky! Make sure you meet the deadline your employer stated. If you were not chosen then try your luck again, you'll lose nothing if you try!
     For the payment and other stuff, I will not discuss it here because this post is not about tutorial on Freelancer, lol. Just contact me at my email ad and there I will tell you. This post is about me boasting about my job at Freelancer by the way. 
     
     The job I got is in the article writing category. I am "destined" to write 68 articles which contain 400 words each, 5 articles minimum for each day. So everyday I research details on new stuff, because I have zero ideas on the 68 topics given to me. I researched about laser hair removal, down comforters, metal roofs, credit cards, and metal roofs again. See how out-of-the-world they are? But I am glad that this experience taught me that the Intense Pulsed Light or the IPL is the best laser hair removal system in the world, lol. 
     My employer is good and very approachable. If I have questions about the job then I will just open Google Talk and chat with her. She also knows that I am studying and have problems with the internet connection so when I failed to send the 5 articles one day, she told me it was alright. How nice of her not reducing my salary or firing me!
     About the payment, one article is priced $1. So 68 articles + 1 urgent article = $69 - $6 project fee = $63. Not bad for me, 'cause I'm satisfied with it. I am expecting the pay in maybe 2 or 3 days from now. I know this is not fake because she already paid me $20 partial payment when I first finished my 20 articles.
     But there are moments too where I felt that I can't do it anymore and just resign from the job. But I said to myself that this opportunity may be my only chance to earn extra money. I would do this rather than working in a fast food chain or a call center. At least in this job I have my own schedule and I use my brain, not just following orders and routines. 
      For now I will stop to concentrate on my studies. One reason I finished the job is for me to have a review/feedback so that the next time I want to apply for a job again I will have an advantage (my employer said she would give me a 10, hooray!). So for now I will not be a freelancer, maybe a maroon I guess.  


                                                        THE END


     So what's the moral lesson of the story? IPL is the best laser hair removal system. Good analysis! Seriously, I hope you learned something, aside from the IPL. Because I did not just write this at 12 o' clock in the midnight just to promote or boast. So if by any chance you were inspired or have questions about this post or whatever, feel free to contact me. 


(Sorry for the grammar errors and the spellings, I am really sleepy right now). 


P.S. Thanks to both my parents for being supportive and allowing me to open a bank account for me to have a way to receive the payments and other stuff.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

//newer //older //home